In slightly over 100 years, Nairobi, Kenya’s capital city has grown from a tented encampment in a black cotton swamp to one of Africa’s major holiday and business centers. In the early 1900’s it became the administrative centre for the British East African Protectorate and thus the commercial centre for a fast growing farm community.At the same time, it was attracting world attention due to the rich game in the area, becoming the centre of big game safaris for the rich and famous. In 1950, Nairobi was officially made a city by Royal Charter. While in Kenya, you can opt to do the following excursions within Nairobi city or some safari programmes that are set. You can also tailor your own for us to arrange.
Time: 2 hrs
A guided tour of the city of Nairobi (better known as the city in the sun) will generally include the city market; which houses several curio shops. Its surrounding bazaars, a drive past Kenyatta International Conference Center, which was until recently the highest building in the region, the parliament buildings which are adjacent to the late Jomo Kenyatta’s mausoleum, the railways museum and the Nairobi University.
For coffee lovers, feel free to ask your guide to show you to one of the many coffee lounges for a cup of pure Kenyan coffee. The tour ends with a visit to the Snake Park and national museum.
• Full board accommodation whilst on safari(Where Applicable)
• All park entrance fees to include government taxes
• Service of an English speaking professional driver/guide
• Complimentary return airport transfers
• Bottled water whilst on safari
• Start and end in Nairobi.
• Personalized service
• International flights
• Items of a personal nature
• Any other extras not detailed in
• Hotel accommodations in Nairobi before and after the safari